I was never a huge fan of how my coloured mason jars turned out. I liked some of them, but others were a mess. I came across this really cute and simple DIY idea that I instantly loved. And I got to cover up my…less than perfect… coloured jars.
I am indebted to Pure & Noble for this idea. Check out her pro images for better inspiration than my grainy photo above.
- Mason jars (or any jar!) and size or shape, it looks better to have less uniform jars!
- Spray paint – I picked white, but its up to you. Home Depot, $6
- Glue gun – $10 at Walmart
- Glue gun sticks – a pack of 10 for $2 at Dollarama
- Optional Silk flowers or sticks
- Make sure your jar is clean and free of any debris on the outside
- Plug in and heat up your glue gun
- Plan what word you would like to write on the jar. I recommend keeping it short, like “calm” or “love”.
- Write your word in hot glue on the jar (your choice where and how large, the font, etc.) NOTE: try to keep the glue smooth, any imperfections will show up! Consider shaving down any awkward 3D bumps
- Let your word completely dry (5-ish minutes)
- Spray paint your jar, spraying downward. The paint will run and leave streak marks so be sure to spray evenly. You do not need to spray the inside of the jar, but can if you choose.
- Let dry!
- Optional I spray painted some silk flowers and branches the same colour to put in the jar.
Beautiful! What word did you write?