This DIY was 100% free for me. And that’s just half the reason I love it.
I put it on my front hall table and it matches beautifully the mirror above it (also framed in black). And yes – those are my candles from my earlier DIY post!
You can also find all of the materials at Dollarama!
- Old buttons, well they can be new, but they are old for me! Any colour, shape and size. The more diverse the better! Try Dollarama or Fabric Land for button options.
- Frame, I recycled one in my mom’s basement. Otherwise I recommend (what other than) Dollarama
- Construction paper – your choice of colour, Dollarama
- Glue gun and sticks – Dollarama again!
- Optional Acrylic paint if you want to change the colour of the frame, Dollarama.
- Arrange buttons into the shape you like. As you can see, I chose a heart. Peace signs, letters, numbers etc all work.
- Measure and cut your construction paper to fit into your frame. I kept the originally backing of my frame because i liked the brown.
- Carefully transfer and glue each button onto the construction paper. I recommend roughly stencilling your shape in pencil onto the construction board to keep your design in tact. Warning: this step can be difficult, go slowly and always plan your next move.
- Optional Paint the frame to match your colour scheme
- Let frame dry, frame your button art – voila!
What colours and shapes did you use?
P.S You do not need to keep the glass frame cover. Keep it for your next DIY! You never know when you’ll need it.