Finally – a new post! I’m actually flooded with school work but that hasn’t stopped me yet (well, maybe has put a tiny dent in my DIYs).
I wanted to organize and keep my wine charms in a cute and accessible place. I had seen this project for organizing jewelry, but I thought it would be cute for wine charms as well. I also like the idea of guests being able to choose their wine charm rather than having one assigned (and by assigned I mean never came off the glass from the last user).
I apologize again for the photo, but it does look really neat. I plan to add another row but I ran out of white push pins. I also want prettier push pins… I will have a better picture when I complete it.
- 1/2 inch thick foam board – Deserres, price depends on size ($6-$20)
- Picture frames – mother’s basement (or try Dollarama)
- Fabric – mother’s basement (or try Fabric Land)
- Glue gun and glue sticks – Dollarama
- Push pins – as many as you want, in any style (Dollarama has pretty ones)
- wine charms! – mine were gifted, but they can be found in any boutique
- Measure and cut foam board to fit into frame. If you do it exact enough, it will squeeze in and not need any support
- Cut fabric so that it is slightly bigger all around your piece of foam board
- Glue the fabric to the board by gluing the extra fabric to the back of the foam board, pulling it tight so it stays taut
- Put fabric covered foam board into frame. Place push pins and wine charms in the order you want
- Hang – ta-da!
Are you as charmed as I was about this project?
P.S: here’s an updated photo: DIY: Wine Charmed Update