You might have noticed on top of my purple pineapple – otherwise known as my DIY: Ombre Vase – the little rosebuds.
This DIY was actually really
difficult tedious. I did it with my BFF and we were both ready to call it quits.
I took my inspiration from The Idea Room, and as you can see, mine looks nothing like hers! A girl can only dream.
- Tissue paper streamers – I bought mine at dollarama, but they only had ugly colours remaining in the regular sized streamers, so I bought pretty pink colours in small sized streamers. I think this was my downfall. So definitely buy regular sized streamers (regular sized in width – about 2-3 inches).
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Styrofoam ball to glue your rosebuds on
- Cut your streamers into 24 inch strips. You can crumple the paper if you want the paper to be softer (optional)
- Take one end and begin rolling the strip between your fingers
- Every 3-4 inches, twist the paper 180 degrees. Keep rollin’
- Now roll, twist, roll twist, etc etc etc etc
- Glue your roses onto your styrofoam ball
So, did you get beautiful roses like The Idea Room? Or not-quite bloomed rose buds like me?