First off, I apologize for being so MIA. I was out of province for the month of August, and then school started! And I wasn’t able to crafty procrast like I wanted too.
But here I am!
I loved this craft, its easy and fun, and useful!
- Wine glasses! I bought a pack of 6 for $10.00 from Ikea
- Acrylic paint and paintbrushes- Pick a few colours of paint, but make sure you have white to make different shades of each colour! Dollarama, $1/bottle, $2/pack of brushes
- Cookie sheet
- An oven!
- Use your white paint to make different shades of each colour. You will want about 4-5 different shades.
- Take the bottom of your paint brush and apply spots! Place the dots randomly, and make sure to use equal amounts of each shade.
- Once you have finished your glasses, place them on a cookie sheet, pop them in the oven, and turn the heat to 350F. Make sure you put the glasses in the oven while its heating up, not once it reaches 350F, or the glasses will crack.
- Leave the glasses in the oven for 30 minutes (starting the timer when you put the glasses in, not when the oven reaches 350F)
- Turn the oven off and leave the oven door open after 30 minutes. Let cool.
You’re set! Have a drink to toast your good work!
P.S: To keep your design from fading, hand wash your glasses instead of putting them in the dishwasher